- Beck Center’s Curious IncidentA murder. An investigation. A journey. THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME, based on a book by Mark Haddon and adapted by Simon Stephens, is a mystery that allows the audience a peek into the world of an autistic boy’s quest forContinue reading “Beck Center’s Curious Incident”
- Great Lakes Theater grows a winner with LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORSBring your appetite for excitement to the Hanna Theatre at Playhouse Square because LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS has a ravenous singing plant that’s ready to eat entertain the masses! Described as “a horror comedy rock musical” with music by Alan Menken and lyrics and aContinue reading “Great Lakes Theater grows a winner with LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS”
- Beck’s BUYER AND CELLAR takes us into the basement…What if? This question leads to many places, but at the Beck Center for the Arts it leads into icon Barbra Streisand’s basement. Running now through October 9 in the Studio Theatre, BUYER AND CELLAR by Jonathan Tolins is a fictitious stroll that takes audiencesContinue reading “Beck’s BUYER AND CELLAR takes us into the basement…”
- Ain’t Too Proud – a jukebox musical with a tale to tellThere have been 24 different members of the Temptations since the group’s creation in the 1960s. First known as the Elgins, this original and quintessential quintet has gone on (in many 5-member formations) to sell tens of millions of albums over the decades, and toContinue reading “Ain’t Too Proud – a jukebox musical with a tale to tell”
- Immerse yourself in the Candlelight Hypothesis Workshop at CPT“Part museum, part haunted house, part workshop, and unlike anything you’ve ever seen, this immersive performance empowers the guests to curate their own experience.” – Cleveland Public Theatre “I don’t want to tell people what they should experience, and I feel the art should speakContinue reading “Immerse yourself in the Candlelight Hypothesis Workshop at CPT”
- Shenanigans and tomfoolery make madcap THE 39 STEPS a rollicking good time at GLTPerson, place, or thing? What are THE 39 STEPS? This wonderfully frenzied caper springs from the 1915 novel by John Buchan, and is also derived from the 1935 movie by Alfred Hitchcock, which is now also adapted by Patrick Barlow for the stage. The romanceContinue reading “Shenanigans and tomfoolery make madcap THE 39 STEPS a rollicking good time at GLT”
- To Kill A Mockingbird – moving, poignant, beautiful theatre“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee All Rise! Set in 1930’s Maycomb, Alabama, the stageContinue reading “To Kill A Mockingbird – moving, poignant, beautiful theatre”
- Pretty Woman the Musical is a Plain Jane on the stageNot every movie or story needs to be made into a musical, and Pretty Woman the Musical is an example of why. Now playing at the Connor Palace at Playhouse Square, this music-backed take on the 1990 movie starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere losesContinue reading “Pretty Woman the Musical is a Plain Jane on the stage”
Welcome to my little corner of articles!
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.