- Immerse yourself in the Candlelight Hypothesis Workshop at CPT“Part museum, part haunted house, part workshop, and unlike anything you’ve ever seen, this immersive performance empowers the guests to curate their own experience.” – Cleveland Public Theatre “I don’t want to tell people what they should experience, and I feel the art should speakContinue reading “Immerse yourself in the Candlelight Hypothesis Workshop at CPT”
- Shenanigans and tomfoolery make madcap THE 39 STEPS a rollicking good time at GLTPerson, place, or thing? What are THE 39 STEPS? This wonderfully frenzied caper springs from the 1915 novel by John Buchan, and is also derived from the 1935 movie by Alfred Hitchcock, which is now also adapted by Patrick Barlow for the stage. The romanceContinue reading “Shenanigans and tomfoolery make madcap THE 39 STEPS a rollicking good time at GLT”
- To Kill A Mockingbird – moving, poignant, beautiful theatre“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee All Rise! Set in 1930’s Maycomb, Alabama, the stageContinue reading “To Kill A Mockingbird – moving, poignant, beautiful theatre”
- Pretty Woman the Musical is a Plain Jane on the stageNot every movie or story needs to be made into a musical, and Pretty Woman the Musical is an example of why. Now playing at the Connor Palace at Playhouse Square, this music-backed take on the 1990 movie starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere losesContinue reading “Pretty Woman the Musical is a Plain Jane on the stage”
- JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR returns to Cleveland with 50th Anniversary TourHallelujah! Jesus has returned… to Cleveland in Jesus Christ Superstar. About two years ago, Cleveland theatre audiences who were to attend night #3 of the updated national tour of Jesus Christ Superstar were told that Playhouse Square would be shutting down due to COVID-19 andContinue reading “JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR returns to Cleveland with 50th Anniversary Tour”
- Cleveland gets WICKED“It’s good to see me, isn’t it?” Glinda the Good asks this loaded question to the crowd upon entering the stage via a magical bubble in the national tour of WICKED. It’s her debut line, and it’s a question pertinent to both the on-stage Ozians,Continue reading “Cleveland gets WICKED”
- Life is Beautiful at Blank Canvas Theatre’s CABARETWe have no troubles here. In here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. The boys are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful! Welcome to Berlin’s Kit Kat Klub, where you can forget all of your worries! The outside has no hold on you whileContinue reading “Life is Beautiful at Blank Canvas Theatre’s CABARET”
- The 20th Century Way at convergence-continuum (review)“You can’t be charged for being something, only for doing something.” And thus spins the carousel known as The 20th Century Way, a two-person play running audiences in circles of “morality” at convergence-continuum now through December 18, 2021. Directed by Clyde Simon, the 90-minute, no intermissionContinue reading “The 20th Century Way at convergence-continuum (review)”
Welcome to my little corner of articles!
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.